By Sherry Seethaler
“Dr. Seethaler has written an outstanding ebook for any scholar of technological know-how. She solutions nice questions about the area round us during this interesting booklet. As a highschool technological know-how instructor, I come across lots of those from my very own scholars. i'd hugely suggest this ebook for somebody who has reflected questions beginning with ‘how,’ ‘what,’ or ‘why.’”
–Ernest James Lo, technology instructor, Woodside highschool, Woodside, CA
Prepare to Be Fascinated!
Why does the flu switch each year?
• What makes glue sticky?
• What motives out-of-body experiences?
• Are all manufacturers of gasoline the same?
• Will grownup stem cells paintings in addition to embryonic stem cells?
• Is one “horsepower” relatively equivalent to the ability of 1 horse?
• Why can’t you sneeze along with your eyes open?
• How a lot does a cremated physique weigh?
These are only many of the attention-grabbing technological know-how and healthiness questions genuine humans have requested most sensible technological know-how author and San Diego Union-Tribune columnist Sherry Seethaler. Curious parents Ask brings jointly 162 of her top answers–all crystal-clear, actual, quickly, and a excitement to read. Seethaler is considered one of this generation’s top technological know-how explainers, and it exhibits: each solution is actual, enjoyable to learn, and distilled to a unmarried web page or much less! need to know how canned air works…or nuclear bombs? What reasons goose bumps, earwax, dandruff, complications? no matter if it’s fit to crack your knuckles, drink decaf, devour chocolate? What it expenses to run all these LED lighting round your home? It’s all here–and an awful lot more!
- Your body’s oddities: knees to knuckles, itches to sneezes
Surprising evidence approximately how your physique grows and works
- Our inventive inventions
The earlier, current, and way forward for our relentless human inventiveness
- Pesky pathogens: viruses, micro organism, and prions
How they preserve outsmarting us, and why it’s so challenging to stick healthy
- Common chemical concoctions
The technology in the back of the typical items that experience reworked our lives
- Uniquely human: how we received here, how we’re unique
New classes from genetics, archaeology, and evolutionary biology
Read Online or Download Curious Folks Ask: 162 Real Answers on Amazing Inventions, Fascinating Products, and Medical Mysteries (FT Press Science) PDF
Best other books
Ultimately, a cookbook that encourages substitution and experimentation! locate your individual cooking variety, refine your palate, and feature much more enjoyable within the kitchen by:• embracing component substitution and experimentation• constructing taste profiles that function your personal tastes• development excellent plates that exhibit your talentThe mixtures of components, flavorings and cooking procedures to be had to you're almost countless, bounded merely by way of the parts and cooking instruments you take place to have to be had.
Ann Hodgman is a humorous girl. during this e-book, she explains how she received that method. however the publication simply is going up via 6th grade. After that, her existence turned so embarrassing that writing it down could have triggered the pages to burst into flames.
This set contains books 19-24 within the Sugar Creek Gang sequence: The eco-friendly Tent secret, The Bull Fighter, The trees Wolf, Western event, The Killer Cat, and The Colorado Kidnapping. The Sugar Creek Gang sequence chronicles the faith-building adventures of a gaggle of fun-loving, brave Christian boys.
- unique essays and excerpts from released serious analyses that debate the function of the name topic in a number of works- An index for simple reference- An introductory essay via Harold Bloom.
- Schizophrenia and Civilization
- The Devil's Details
- Growing Up In Rural Florida
- Huckleberry Delights Cookbook: A Collection of Huckleberry Recipes (Cookbook Delights)
- No More Stuttering - No More Stammering: A Physiological and Spiritual Cure for Stuttering
Extra info for Curious Folks Ask: 162 Real Answers on Amazing Inventions, Fascinating Products, and Medical Mysteries (FT Press Science)
Curious Folks Ask: 162 Real Answers on Amazing Inventions, Fascinating Products, and Medical Mysteries (FT Press Science) by Sherry Seethaler