By Mohiuddin A. Khan
Proven equipment for combating and mitigating bridge and street flood scour
Offering particular directions on bridge scour countermeasures, this complete source presents a proactive process for the layout and development of bridges to avoid scour, in addition to a reactive plan for post-flood catastrophe management.
Topics mentioned comprise erosion, factors of scour, AASHTO layout codes, hydrology, hydraulics, scour research, inspection equipment, and glossy fabrics expertise. Real-world case experiences illustrate the innovations awarded. The authoritative info during this sensible advisor might help you to strengthen extra effective and cost-efficient layout methods and bridge administration platforms for river bridges subjected to floods.
Flood Scour for Bridges and Highways covers:
- Floods, scour difficulties, and mitigation
- River instability as a result of circulation obstructions
- Past disasters and bridges liable to failure
- Geotechnical and hydraulic matters at scour-critical rivers and bridges
- Hydrology, floods, and scour-critical bridges
- Estimating scour depths and choosing acceptable countermeasures
- Inspections, scores, and tracking countermeasures
- FHWA, HEC-18, and HEC-23 scour countermeasures as remediation
- Innovative equipment of flood regulate and catastrophe management
Read Online or Download Flood Scour for Bridges and Highways: Prevention and Control of Soil Erosion PDF
Similar hydraulics books
Introductory advisor to hydraulics, hydrology, and stormwater administration layout Stormwater administration for Land improvement is a different, much-needed ebook on constructing stormwater administration plans that merely calls for readers to appreciate algebra, trigonometry, and geometry. starting with the basics, it walks readers in the course of the ABCs of fluid mechanics and hydrology and provides functional tools and designs to regulate stormwater.
This is often an introductory textual content on wave mechanics and different coastal techniques primary to coastal engineering. Its target is to offer a historical past from which the reader can pursue extra complicated learn of a number of the theoretical and utilized elements of coastal hydromechanics and coastal engineering layout.
This two-volume set, with cd-rom, contains the court cases of the 4th overseas Symposium on Environmental Hydraulics & the 14th Congress of Asia and Pacific department, overseas organization of Hydraulic Engineering and learn held in December 2004 in Hong Kong. quantity 1 covers the chosen papers awarded on the 4th overseas Symposium, whereas Volume 2 good points the advances defined in papers from the 14th IAHR-APD Congress.
As in previous variants, this 9th variation of Massey’s Mechanics of Fluids introduces the fundamental rules of fluid mechanics in an in depth and transparent demeanour. This bestselling textbook provides the sound actual realizing of fluid stream that's crucial for an honours measure direction in civil or mechanical engineering in addition to classes in aeronautical and chemical engineering.
- Hölder Continuous Euler Flows in Three Dimensions with Compact Support in Time (Annals of Mathematics Studies)
- Electrorheological Fluids: The Non-aqueous Suspensions (Studies in Interface Science)
- Flow Analysis: A Practical Guide
- Experimental Methods of Shock Wave Research (Shock Wave Science and Technology Reference Library)
- Mine Safety: A Modern Approach (Springer Series in Reliability Engineering)
Extra info for Flood Scour for Bridges and Highways: Prevention and Control of Soil Erosion
Flood Scour for Bridges and Highways: Prevention and Control of Soil Erosion by Mohiuddin A. Khan